Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Recipe for OMGoodness Brookies

The recipe I am about to share is amazingly rich, chocolatey, buttery, and peanuty goodness!  I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it was called "Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Brownie Bars".  Whew!  I thought that was quite a mouthful (no pun intended), so I just call them "OMGoodness Brookies".

What's that you say?  You've never heard the word "brookie" before?  Well that would be because I just made it up.  It's a mix between a brownie and a cookie.  Brownie + Cookie = Brookie...get it?  I know, I know...not incredibly creative, but hey, it works!

Ok, so here's the recipe.  Now, this is my first time blogging a recipe, so please bear with me!  And I didn't use my really nice camera because, well...because I was too tired.  So I just used my phone.  It'll have to do!

THE STUFF YOU'LL NEED:

Butter Flavored Pretzels, Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix, Betty Crocker Brownie Mix, 2 Bags of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, 1 Cup of Melted Butter, 5 Tbs. Sugar, Eggs, Vegetable Oil, Non-Stick Spray


STEP 1: 

Crush 2-3 cups of the Butter Pretzels.  I started with 2 cups, but ended up using closer to 3 cups.  You can use a food processor, but I just put them in a plastic bag and crushed them with my hands.  You don't want to pulverize them, just crush them, then put them in a bowl.  Add 1 cup of melted butter and 5 Tbs. of sugar.  Mix together.


STEP 2:

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with the Non-Stick Spray.  Evenly spread your pretzel-butter-sugar concoction in the bottom of the pan to make a deliciously yummy crust!


STEP 3:

Make the Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix according to package directions.  This is where you'll use the vegetable oil and eggs mentioned in the ingredient list.


STEP 4: 

Spread the Peanut Butter Cookie mix evenly over the Pretzel mixture.  

***Note:  This was VERY sticky!!!  I highly suggest having some flour handy to dip your hands in to make the cookie dough easier to handle.***


STEP 5: (Take a deep breath and prepare yourself.)

Unwrap 20 of those yummy Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and place evenly on top of the Peanut Butter Cookie Mix.  

Oh yes I did...


STEP 6: (Yes, there's more, my friend.  There's more.)

Make the Betty Crocker Brownie Mix according to package directions.  You will need the oil and eggs again here.  Lick the beaters from your mixer.  Yes, this is part of the directions.

Ok, not really.  But you know you want to!


STEP 7:

Oh yes.  Deep down you know what's coming...

That's right.  Pour the Brownie Mix on top of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.


***Note:  At this point in time you may hear angels singing.  Don't be alarmed.***

STEP 8:

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.  

Dizzying smells of amazingness will flow from your oven...just sayin'...

It may feel like torture, but I assure you the reward is worth it.

The finished product will look something like this:


LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST:

Enjoy the little slice of heaven you just made.

Ignore the "I'm-gonna-have-to-work-out-for-2-hours-to-pay-for-this" feeling in the back of your mind. 

Indulge.  

Bask in the fame you will receive for making these Brookies.  (I just had to use my made-up word one more time!)


Mmmmmmm!

***PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE:  

1)  Let me know if my first attempt at recipe blogging came across clearly and made sense.  

2)  Let me know if you make this recipe and how it turns out for you!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't try them but they look great! Hope to see you one day again -sweetie! I'll be enjoying your blog!
    ellweinepic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It;s fun to keep in touch through all this technology! :) I'm following your blog now! :)

      Delete
  2. Erin,

    Loved your first ever food blog! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete