Thursday, August 2, 2012

Training

With it being the Olympics right now, I've found myself listening to how much these athletes train.  It's crazy!  Some of these Olympians, who are still in high school, practice from 5:00-6:30 am before going to school all day, then train more after school.

I can't think of anything I've "trained" for like that.  Whether it was a sport, playing piano, even "life things" like marriage or parenting.  It's not that I didn't work hard at those things.  It's not like those things aren't important to me.  So should I feel guilty about that?

I'm a hard worker.  I'm a wife, a mother, a friend, a daughter, a sister, a pastor's wife, an educator, a fine arts coach, a Sunday School teacher, and I carry a more-than-full-time-job.

Is it more important to focus on ONE THING to master or to spread out your attention to many different areas?  I definitely spread out my attention to MANY different areas.  I'm not an expert on any one thing, but I'm pretty good at several things.

What do you do?  Would you rather be really good/an expert at one thing or really good at several things?

No comments:

Post a Comment