Saturday, August 11, 2012

Creative Organization!!!

So, as I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm a purse-a-holic.  This has caused some unrest in my household, particularly in my bedroom, as there isn't a good place to keep my purses organized and out-of-the-way-yet-accessible. We don't have a walk-in closet, and the storage in our bedroom is lacking, to say the least.

Here's the problem...a jumbled mess of purses:

I've been trying to figure out a creative way to store them that doesn't use a lot of space.  Then, I had a brainstorm. (Cue excessive thunder and lightning.)   I took a quick trip to Lowe's.  In 30 minutes I was out-the-door with the necessary items, which cost right around $40.

The first thing I did (actually, the Hubby did it), was to hang a curtain rod on my bedroom wall.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the curtain rod, but I forgot.  (You'll see what it looks like in later pictures.)  Life will go on.  I chose the cheapest silver one they had (right around $16.00).  It extends up to 84 inches.

I also purchased shower rings like this:
They're easy to open and close and are pretty sturdy.  These were right around $9.00 for a package of 12.  I bought 2 packages.  I looked at the "S hook" styled shower rings, but I didn't think they'd be sturdy enough to hold purses.  I also looked at the cheap plastic rings that "snap" together.  Even though they were significantly cheaper (apprx. $2.00 for 12), they were VERY difficult to open and close...and let's just say it;  they weren't very pretty.  :)

Next, I started "hooking" my purses onto the rings like this:

I'm sure you can see what's coming!  :)  Then, I simply hung the shower rings on the curtain rod like this:
(See, there's the curtain rod!)

TA-DA!!!  (Cue thrilling music)  THE FINAL RESULT :

I was very happy with the way this worked!  I know it isn't fancy, but since I don't have a lot of room for extra shelves and "stuff" in my room, this was the *perfect* solution!

2 comments: