Friday, August 3, 2012

For the Record:

Why does it seem that in today's society the words "disagree" and "hate" have become synonyms?

I disgree with people on various issues and at various levels.  It doesn't mean that I hate them.  I disagree with my 6 and 8 year olds when they want to eat donuts instead of dinner. 

That does not equal hate. 

I disagree with my husband when he wants to watch golf (borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!), and I want to watch Gone With the Wind.

But that does not equal hate.

I disagree with those who support abortion.

But that does not equal hate. 

I disagree with those who support same-sex marriage.

But that does not equal hate.

I disagree with people who wear black pants and brown shoes.

But that does not equal hate. 

I know that everyone has their view on what's right and what's wrong.  I'm not here on Earth as judge and jury to mankind because that's not my job (Matthew 7:1-6).  I'm here to love people.  Period. 

Romans 13:8 - Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another...

I will share my opinions, stand by my beliefs, and take action when convicted to do so, but that does not mean that I hate anyone who disagrees with me.  And although I cannot (and do not wish to) control someone else's words, responses or actions, I surely hope that hatred isn't pointed at me because I disagree with you.

Just for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment