Saturday, May 12, 2012

Surprise!

...Continuing the story...

It all started one sunny Saturday after Caleb's t-ball game.  As we were driving home, Dawson (who was 2 at the time), said, "I want a baby!"  To which our immediate response was, "No! No more babies in our house!"

Exactly 2 days later, I realize I'm "late" and take a pregnancy test--but not really expecting anything.  I mean, c'mon ladies...how many times have you taken a pregnancy test just to "know" you're NOT pregnant???  We've all been there.

Since I wasn't expecting anything newsworthy, I took the test on my lunch break at work.  As I finished washing my hands and turned to look at the test, I think my heart may have actually stopped for a few seconds.  Positive. 

My first words, "Oh, Lord Jesus..." 

I immediately went to Darrin's office.  (Yes, we're blessed to work in the same building.) I was still not speaking coherently, so I showed Darrin the test and the box (so he could tell it was positive). 

His first words, "I feel like I'm in a weird dream right now..."

About 3 weeks later, Caleb (5 1/2) says, "Just so you know, God told me that baby is a girl."

And he was right.  Kinley Joy was scheduled to be born on May 9, 2009, but my water broke on May 1, 2009.  Kinley was born at 11:11 am and was 6 pounds 10 ounces.

She is our princess, and we can't even begin to comprehend life without her!

5 is our perfect number.

And yes, we are minivan owners... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment